Virtual Assistant Vs Online Business Manager
You’ve built your business up enough to hire someone to help you in it, now you’re just looking for the right person…
So, are you looking for a Virtual Assistant or an Online Business Manager?
Both are an amazing asset to have in your team and maybe you will actually need both. But what is the difference between a Virtual Assistant and an Online Business Manager, and how do they help you in your business?
While both a Virtual Assistant and an Online Business Manager provide support to you as a business owner, their role in the business is significantly different. Some people go through Virtual Assistant’s searching for “the perfect one”, when what they are actually looking for in an Online Business Manager.
The main differences between a Virtual Assistant and an Online Business Manager.
Attention on your business
I believe the main difference between a Virtual assistant and an Online Business Manager is how much love, care and attention they bring to your business.
– Do you want someone to look to the future and see what needs to be completed?
– Do you want someone to ask the big questions to help improve, grow and nurture your business into its next stage of growth?
– Do you want someone to have an in-depth knowledge of your business to be able to see obstacles, make predictions, suggest updates and improvements along the way?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then you are looking for an Online Business Manager.
The main differences between a Virtual Assistant and an Online Business Manager
- Possess a tight focus on each task put in front of them
- Will follow instructions that are assigned to them
- Are responsible for only their tasks
- Have basic skills in many systems OR are very skilled at one thing
- Might offer some suggestions on how things can be improved
- Don’t have an overall understanding of your business, just what needs to be completed right here, right now.
Online Business Managers:
- Get to know your business… well
- Focus on your overall business to help manage and improve it
- Are responsible for projects and delegating tasks to others
- Have an in-depth understanding of many aspects in business
- Strategically thinks about the business and its overall goals and direction. They also offer suggestions and guidance on what and how things can be improved.
- Understands your business front-to-back to develop systems and procedures around it.
Questions to ask yourself
When deciding on whether you need a Virtual Assistant or an Online Business Manager, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have a list of tasks and instructions to delegate to a Virtual Assistant?
- Are you willing to manage tasks, manage people, delegate tasks and follow up the Virtual Assistant and each task to make sure they are completed properly?
- Do you want someone else to manage tasks and make sure your business runs smoothly?
- Do you want someone to be in the trenches with you, to talk about it’s overall direction and act as a sounding board for growing the business and providing more value to your customers?
The investment you make in a Virtual Assistant and an Online Business Manager
Your Online Business Manager will develop a genuine relationship with you and with your business. They will become a subject matter expert on your business and will be responsible – with you – for its overall development and growth. They will have a deep investment and care for your business, to offer advice and support that a Virtual Assistant just cannot provide.
Many people start out with a Virtual Assistant and as the trust, relationship and as the business develops, the role transforms into an Online Business Manager. This is a great approach small businesses can take. You might not be ready for an Online Business Manager now, but one day you will be, so investing in a good Virtual Assistant from the get-go can set you up for a fantastic Online Business Manager in the future. This also saves you time and money in hiring and training a new person, your Virtual Assistant is with you from the start and has developed this knowledge along the way.
Ready for growth?
We are a Virtual Team ready to set your business up for success.
If you are just looking to outsource a couple of hours here-and-there to get those tasks off your plate, I offer ad-hoc Virtual Assistant retainers that would work perfectly.
But, if you’re looking for an Online Business Manager to work in the trenches with you, to really get to learn and grow with your business – this is what I live for. My ongoing retainer packages offer you the opportunity to off-load your systems and processes. I work WITH you to streamline your systems and processes as much as possible to:
- save you time – by not having to complete the tasks that are now streamlined,
- and money – on ongoing subscriptions and on outsourcing tasks that can be automated.
Streamlining your business is what I do best, this ensures that you are prepared for the growth that’s ahead and allows you to be more in control of exactly what’s going on in your business.
So, let’s get started!